Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lu Jianhong: First Impressions of Vermont

The Visiting Scholars have been in Vermont for less than a week. The following post is from Lu Jianhong, a Visiting Scholar from the Dajing High School in Shanghai, China.


My First Impression of Vermont
 Now I have been in Vermont for a week, and I do experience a lot during the whole period.

Vermont is really a beautiful place, and on my way to my homestay with Gerry I feel I am  in a painting with blue sky and white soft cloud and there is green grass and green leaves everywhere.

Marki, Skyla, Tian and I went hike in Putney Mountain, and we saw a kind of special tree named elephant tree because it resembles an elephant. There is a tradition here that when people reach the tree, they usually leave a message in the tree hole. Marki happened to have a notebook, so we wrote a note and signed our names, then put it in the hole of the tree. When we hiked, we seldom met with people. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery to our best. We also picked some blueberries that day.

On Friday evening we went to a potluck party, and about fifteen people took part in it. On the way I saw some appliances outside some house Susan told me they are for sale. People only need to put down money and take away the stuff that they want without informing the owner.

People here are very friendly. I live in Tim and Susan’s home. They make me feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment